The Adelaide Group provides supported accommodation for young people who have been identified as unaccompanied asylum seeking children, equipping them with the skills and knowledge required for them to thrive. The Adelaide Group exists to bring about dynamic positive change in the lives of people who haven’t had the best start on their journey. Everything we do centres around providing the best possible level of care, tailored to each and every individual. We strive to always go above and beyond in all things.
Our philosophy is that each life matters, and at The Adelaide Group, we never want to miss the opportunity to transform someone's life for the better.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, resilient couple to become the heart of one of our houses in Norwich. You would be responsible, as part of a team, to set the culture and rhythm of the house, while adding to the Care and Repair of vulnerable unaccompanied separated and displaced children from abroad. You would need to be able to add to the warm, fun, homely feel of the house creating an environment that allows those staying there to thrive.
Qualifications and Skill set:
The role does not require any specific qualifications but knowledge and experience of similar roles would be beneficial, particularly experience of responding to issues as they arise and taking initiative to resolve situations, reporting to out of hours support if necessary. It is important that applicants are able to build positive relationships with young people and develop a good rapport.
There is a genuine occupational requirement that the post holder is a committed Christian in accordance with Employment Equality (Religion and Belief) Regulations 2003.
Daily Responsibilities would include:
- To live at the property (and spend time on site - engaging with the residents to create a homely and welcoming atmosphere)
- To be on shift with at least one of you available between the hours of 10pm-7.30am 7 nights per week. This is a sleep/on call shift. (though a regular night off will be scheduled)
- You will hand communicate through daily hand over with staff.
- You will be responsible for making sure that all young people are safely in at night - reporting to the on call duty staff if they are not. (On call duty staff will be available each night for you to call if you have concerns or need support.)
- You will work 8 hours per week ( additional hours can be negotiated) alongside Alive Church as an International Youth Pastor. This is a collaborative project funded by the Adelaide Group.
- You may be required as part of the team to attend an annual Youth holiday for our young people.
- Free accommodation in a contemporary bedroom sitting space with en suite facilities.
- Council tax and bills.
- Regular staff development and training opportunities.
- Regular night off.
- One or both of you are free to take up additional employment during the days as long as it is not deemed to interfere with your duties or commitment to the role.
£19,000 - £21,000 Per annum